Are you ready for the Halloween season to begin? Have you taken steps to make sure your Halloween will go off without a hitch with your oral health care? If not, it is not too late to begin to formulate plans and guidelines to follow to ensure your smile will survive the sugar rush this season. Here are a few tips to consider:
– Oral hygiene: Continue practicing effective oral hygiene plans including cleaning and rinsing out your mouth after snacking or mealtime.
– Incentives for children: If you wish to keep your children from damaging their teeth from the sweets collected from trick-or-treating, offer to exchange them for money, toys, or other rewards.
– Dental visits: Be sure to continue your regular check-ups and professional cleanings with your dentist.
– Check your candy: Always be sure to double-check yourself and your loved one’s candy for any products or snacks that may be excessively hazardous to your oral health.
– Healthy options: Stick to healthy options this Halloween, as the healthier the foods you eat are, the greater the chance your teeth and gums will continue to thrive.
Bella Vista Dental wants you to have a safe and happy Halloween. If you would like to learn more, or need to set up an appointment with Dr. Lara Perry, please call us to at 830-379-8902, or stop by our office in Seguin, Texas.