Before or after brushing your teeth, it’s important to floss your teeth as a highly effective dental care habit. A habit of flossing your teeth is the only sure method to remove trapped food particles that couldn’t be reached by your toothbrush and prevent tooth decay.
In order to effectively clean your smile, we invite you to use the following tips for dental floss and flossing technique:
– An effective dental care habit includes flossing at least once a day to improve the quality of your smile.
– Take about 18 inches of dental floss and wind it around your middle fingers so that you can switch to a new section of floss for each tooth and avoid spreading plaque debris between teeth.
– To achieve a proper floss routine, use gentle up-and-down motions to clean around and between the teeth. Don’t press firmly on the gum line or else you could damage the soft tissues.
– Take time to clean behind your back teeth, where food particles like to accumulate.
– When choosing a floss product, look for the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance or speak with our dentists about recommendations for products.
Drs. Perry and Arguelles would be happy to help you develop proper flossing habits in Seguin, Texas, and we invite you to contact Bella Vista Dental at 830-379-8902 today to arrange your appointment.