Are you tired of feeling self-conscious about your missing teeth? Have you considered dental implants to replace them? At Bella Vista Dental, we understand that missing teeth can negatively impact your confidence, self-esteem, and overall oral health. That’s why we offer dental implants in Seguin, Texas, as a solution for those looking to restore their smile. Dental implants are a popular, long-lasting tooth replacement option that offers many benefits.
The Steps Involved With Dental Implant Placement
Dental implants are a long-lasting and natural-looking replacement option. This dental procedure involves placing a titanium rod into the jawbone, which will serve as the foundation for a dental crown.
Step 1: Consultation and Examination
The first step to dental implant placement is a consultation with Dr. Lara Perry or Dr. Quintanilla. During this consultation, Dr. Lara Perry or Dr. Quintanilla and their excellent team will assess your oral health and determine whether dental implants are the right option. We might perform an X-ray to evaluate your bone density and determine the optimal placement for the implants. After examination, we will create an individualized treatment plan to meet your specific dental needs.
Step 2: Implant Placement
Once the consultation is complete, the next step is implant placement. This involves the placement of a small titanium screw into the jawbone. We typically perform this procedure after administering local anesthesia. The implant will then need to fuse with the jawbone over several months, a process called osseointegration. Osseointegration is necessary for the implant to provide a stable foundation for the crown or bridge.
Step 3: Abutment Placement
After the implant site has healed, an abutment is attached to the implant. An abutment is the piece that connects the implant to the crown or bridge. The abutment protrudes above the gum line and supports the crown or bridge. It is important to note that some dental implant systems combine implant and abutment placement into one procedure.
Step 4: Crown or Bridge Placement
After we place the abutment, the final step is the crown or bridge placement. The dental lab will create a custom crown or bridge that matches your natural teeth’ color, shape, and size. Once the lab fabricates the crown or bridge, it will be attached to the abutment. After we attach the crown or bridge, Dr. Lara Perry or Dr. Quintanilla will check your bite and make the necessary adjustments.
Step 5: Aftercare
After the procedure is complete, taking good care of your new implants and keeping them clean is essential. Make sure to brush and floss daily and attend regular dental check-ups. Dental implants can last a lifetime and improve oral health with proper care.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are many advantages of dental implants. Consider them an option for your dental needs for the following reasons.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth: Unlike dentures, which can slip and cause discomfort, dental implants are anchored in your jawbone, creating a stable platform for replacement teeth. Once we place the implants, they fuse with your natural bone, providing a sturdy foundation for your new teeth for years to come.
- Dental implants can help improve your speech: Missing teeth can cause a speech impediment, making speaking difficult or enunciating certain words difficult. Implants can restore your speech and help you communicate more effectively.
- Dental implants are easy to maintain: Your implants can last a lifetime with proper care and regular dental check-ups. This may differ from other tooth replacement options requiring more frequent replacements or repairs.
- Dental implants can improve your oral health: When you have missing teeth, your remaining teeth may shift and become more challenging to clean. Additionally, gaps in your teeth can create pockets of bacteria, leading to gum disease and other oral health issues. Dental implants fill these gaps, preventing the spread of bacteria and keeping your remaining teeth healthy.
- Dental implants can improve your quality of life: Missing teeth can make eating certain foods or enjoying social activities challenging. With dental implants, you can eat the foods you love and participate in social activities without worrying about your replacement teeth slipping or falling out.
Quality Dental Implants in Seguin, TX
Dental implants are a reliable and long-lasting solution that can restore your smile and improve oral health, whether you’ve lost a tooth due to injury or decay. At Bella Vista Dental, we offer a comprehensive range of restorative dental services in Seguin, Texas, to meet your needs, and our team of experts is here to guide you through every step of the implant process.
If you’re interested in our dental implants, contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lara Perry or Dr. Quintanilla. We look forward to helping you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile!